I heard about Enchanted Chameleon’s Third Green Smoothie Challenge from Hip Mountain Mama. I loved the idea, specifically as a way to get my little fruit-loving babe to eat more veg, but I wasn’t ready to commit to a green smoothie each day.
So, we’ve been giving it a try. In fact, for the past two weeks, Sunday’s have been green smoothie days. And, they’ve been surprisingly well received. The babe slurped his down with such zeal that I wished I had saved a little extra for him.
Give it a try yourselves. Follow my recipe, or whip up one of your own. It’s a great way to use up fruits and vegetables that you have on hand, and a great way to infuse your diet with a little bit more of the good stuff.
Our Green Smoothie
- 3 Navel Oranges, juiced
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 bunch of kale, thick stem removed and torn into smaller pieces
- Put the first three ingredients into the blender.
- Puree until the frozen chunks of mango are liquefied.
- Add the kale to the blender.
- Puree until the kale is in small, sippable pieces.
This recipe is enough to provide two ample adult servings and one smaller babe-sized serving. Size it up, or down, depending on your needs.
Delight in the fresh flavor and gorgeous color. This smoothie is truly a treat!