Valentine’s Day cards still got you stumped? In need of a little project to cure the winter doldrums?
I’ve got just the thing!
A little Valentine’s Day project to lift your spirits and the spirits of others!
- Watercolor Paper
- Watercolors (red, orange, yellow, pink)
- Paint Brushes
- Glue Stick
- 4×6 Index Cards
- Sewing Machine
- Red Thread (really, any color will do)
- Marker or Brush Pen
- Paint your watercolor paper using Valentine-ish shades. We used reds, oranges and pinks. Ewan loved this part!!
- Wait for the paintings to dry, then cut out heart shapes.
- Arrange the hearts on the blank index cards and use just a dab of glue from the glue stick to hold them in place.
- Find a helper and using the sewing machine and backstitching at each end, sew through the middle of the hearts to attach them to the card.
- Trim the thread ends and, on the backside of the card, put a drop of glue at each end to secure the seams.
- Add a message to your card and you’re good to go!
That’s it. Simple, beautiful, handmade Valentine’s for all the special people in your life. And they’re pretty quick to whip up. We made a dozen, or so, of these in under an hour (less the drying time for the paintings).
Now, all I have to do is remember to actually send them out (unlike the Halloween cards we made).