My husband described this as Spinach Artichoke Dip in pasta form. He’s right. It is that good. Rich. Creamy. Decadent.
Spinach Artichoke Pasta
Quick to come together, but you’d never know by tasting it. Give it a try, you know you want to.
- 1 pound pasta, any shape will do
- 1 (14 oz) can artichokes, drained and chopped with liquid reserved
- 1 bunch spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring milk and butter to a simmer in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Stir the mixture occasionally to prevent scalding.
- When the pasta is finished, drain it. Transfer the butter/milk mixture to the pasta pot and continue to simmer.
- Return pasta to the pot along with the cheese, artichokes, and spinach. Stir over low flame until the cheese is melted and the spinach is wilted.
- Add reserved artichoke liquid, if needed to keep the pasta moist and creamy.
- Serve with additional grated cheese.