Having a little babe that prefers (shock!!) to sleep in bed, alone for naps, means that we are spending a bit more time indoors than I would typically like to do during the summer.
It also means that it is a little more important for me to come up with things for Ewan to do while his brother naps so that he doesn’t go too crazy (or get too annoyed with being in).
Lately our go-to time filler has been art. (How glad am I about that?!) And these spilt milk paintings were truly fun to do!
- It Looked Like Spilt Milk, by Charles G. Shaw
- Blue Paper
- White Paint
- Paint Brushes
- First we read the book (we’ve already read it a million times) to refresh our minds.
- Next we folded the pieces of blue paper in half, so that he could only access one half of the sheet for painting.
- Ewan painted the one half with white paint. When he was done, we opened up the paper and pressed it together, to make a print.
- Then we tried to guess and talk about what the prints looked like.